Farley Weiss has practiced intellectual property law since 1990. Mr. Weiss has significant experience handling trademark, service mark and copyright applications, license agreements, renewals, statements of usage, amendments and infringement matters. Mr. Weiss has filed more than 1,000 trademark, service mark and copyright applications. In 1988, Mr. Weiss served as a law clerk for Justice Menachem Elon, who at the time was the Vice President of the Supreme Court of Israel.
Prior to his career in law, Mr. Weiss played professional tennis and achieved a world ranking of 713 in singles and 736 in doubles through tournaments played in the U.S., Finland and Spain. As a nationally ranked junior tennis player, Mr. Weiss was a member of the winning Phoenix Junior Davis Cup team for three consecutive years. Mr. Weiss was inducted into the Phoenix Country Day Schools sports hall of fame for winning five individual state high school tennis titles from 1976 to 1981; including his first in 7th grade before a new ruling stipulating players must be in high school to compete.
Mr. Weiss is currently President of the National Council of Young Israel. NCYI is one of the 51 major Jewish organizations and it represents about 130 Synagogues nationally, comprising of around 25,000 families. The organization is 100 years old and Mr. Weiss is the first President outside of the New York New Jersey area.
Mr. Weiss is married to Jessica Weiss, who practices Immigration law with Weiss & Moy. They have six children.
- J.D., Arizona State University College of Law, 1989
- B.A., History, University of Pennsylvania, 1985
- Arizona, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1990
- California, 1990
- State Bar of Arizona
- Arizona Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- President of the National Council of Young Israel
- Zionist Organization of America, National Vice President
- Center for Advanced Middle East Studies, Senior Fellow
- Quoted authority on copyright law, The Arizona Republic, March 6, 1997 and Fashion Wire Daily, August 4, 2000
- Mr. Weiss has published a number of articles on matters relating to U.S.-Israel relations and policies in The Jerusalem Post, The Forward, The Arizona Republic, The Phoenix Gazette and The Jewish News of Greater Phoenix.
- “Copyright Law,” Scottsdale Community College, 1996
- Mr. Weiss has also served as a presenter and panelist on topics relating to U.S.-Israel relations.